We are excited to reintroduce the new and improved Sunbury, Ohio Farmers’ Market this year! COVID-19 continues to pose a level of risk, so we are committed to operate under modified conditions to keep our community safe. Please reference our website for details regarding COVID-19 related safety precautions. We’re looking forward to a safe and successful season of the Sunbury Farmers’ Market.
2021 Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been established in order to create a market that offers local produce and products to the consumer directly from the producer. The goodwill and consideration of growers and producers to others will ensure the smooth operation of the market. Read these rules and regulations carefully before signing your application and keep this copy for your records. Failure to observe them may result in termination of your market assignment. If you have questions regarding these rules or joining the market, contact the Market Directors, Kelly Fleser or Beth Small at SunburyOhioFarmersMarket@gmail.com or the Sunbury Civic Association at the Municipal Building at (740) 965-2684. The 2021 main season will begin on Saturday, June 5 and run through Saturday, September 25. In addition, we will be coordinating with the Sunbury Civic Association to offer community activities on First Fridays throughout the summer months, starting Friday June 4th. Thus, spots will be available for vendor sales as well.
1) Produce must be Ohio grown. Cottage Foods and crafts must be homemade. For more information on Cottage Food Rules, please see our website. Items not permitted are as follows: live animals, flea market-type items, commercially produced food items, alcohol and tobacco products. There are no informational tables permitted at the market. The market managers reserve the right to refuse entry and/or eject any party from the Market at its sole discretion.
2) Participating vendors are required to provide their own liability insurance. Vendors shall provide proof of said insurance upon request. Vendors MUST complete the liability waiver in full, which states that the rules and regulations have been read and that the vendor agrees to abide by such.
3) Electricity is limited. Please indicate your needs during the application process. Electricity will be available for returning vendors first.
4) Setup for the Saturday market will begin no earlier than 8:00 a.m. The market will run from 9:00 a.m. to noon and will operate rain or shine. Setup for the First Friday Market will begin no earlier than 5:00 p.m. and ends at 5:45 p.m. Selling begins at 6:00 p.m. and ends at 8:00 p.m. Early selling for either market will not be permitted. Please note: If you are not at the market within 10 minutes after the market has begun, and have not notified us that you will be late, your space may be given to another vendor. Please call the market manager prior to market day by email @ Sunburyohiofarmersmarket@gmail.com, if you know in advance that you will be late.
5) The Market Manager(s) are responsible for space assignments, public safety, and enforcement of the market rules. Spaces will be assigned with consideration to the length of time at the Market, continuity, product presentation, and the best interests of the entire market. If you have a concern or complaint regarding market rules please submit your complaint to the market manager in writing and it will be reviewed with the Civic Association. Please note that all rules are subject to change based upon the overall betterment of the Market and City of Sunbury.
6) We will no longer be allowing sales from the tailgate of your vehicle. Exceptions will be considered by the Market Managers during the application process. This allows for socially distanced vendor displays and allows a pleasing public display for patrons of the Market. Vendors will be permitted to temporarily park and unload vehicles at their locations during setup times; those vehicles should be moved to the public parking area prior to the market opening.
7) Vendors displays must not impede pedestrian traffic on the sidewalk, nor impede vehicle traffic or pedestrian traffic on the street. Vendors are to provide their own tables, tents and chairs.
8) Market prices for all items must be visibly posted. All growers are responsible for setting their own prices. Price setting will never be allowed. If you are selling items by exact weight, you must have access to an inspected scale.
9) Operate your stand in a neat, safe, and sanitary manner. Keep your sales area clear of garbage and keep produce off of the ground. Sellers must also clean up their spaces after each market. Vendors must be courteous and honest at all times. 10) No smoking, vaping or alcohol will be permitted within the farmers’ market vendor area.
11) Payment in advance is preferred for market space, although we can accept payment on the day of the market. CHECKS ARE TO BE MADE PAYABLE TO Sunbury Civic Association . Fee schedule for the 2021 season is as follows:
Vendor Fees: All season (17 weeks, 20 sales dates) = $150 covers both Saturdays and First Fridays (June, July, August). Single week charges are $20 (for Saturday). There will be no charge for First Friday vendors. The Sunbury Ohio Farmers Market does not enforce the United States Department of Agriculture requirements. In the event of a U.S.D.A. inspection, the vendor is held responsible for compliance. For more information, please contact the Ohio Department of Agriculture office, @ 614-728-6200. You may also contact the Food Safety Division @ 1-800-282-1955, ext 3.
All vendors selling edible products must adhere to the cottage food selling regulations from the Delaware County Health Districts Rules and Regulations. These requirements are available at the Sunbury Farmers Market webpage or at the Delaware County Health Department. Reference the Cottage Foods tab above also under Vendor Information.
Vendors must comply with all laws, ordinances and regulations of the United States, State of Ohio and Sunbury, Ohio (which follows the Delaware County Health Department regulations and inspectors). Farmers/Vendors who wish to accept Senior Vouchers as a form of payment at the Sunbury Farmers Market can contact SourcePoint 740.203.2362 for additional Information. By signing the referenced documents you are agreeing to adhere to their rules and regulations.